The Bach Institute has begun! Students from Oberlin, New England Conservatory and Boston University School of Music are participating in recitals, master classes, and discussions of the music of J. S. Bach, mentored by Emmanuel Music faculty. All activities take place at Emmanuel Church and are free and open to the public. The Bach Institute will culminate in a final concert performance on Tuesday, January 21 at 7:30 pm.
- Saturdays, January 4, 11, 18, 2014 at 9:20 am: Pamela Dellal, Institute Faculty, gives an in-depth lecture on the cantata to be performed the following day by the students, who also perform chamber music in the service prelude:
- Sunday, January 5, Cantata BWV 123
- Sunday, January 12, Cantata BWV 148
- Sunday, January 19, Cantata BWV 3
- Sunday, January 19 at 12:30 pm: Cantata BWV 78, a talk given by John Harbison, with Bach Institute students illustrating, in the Music Room
- Wednesday, January 15, 1:00–2:45 pm: Bach Aria Master Class with Pamela Dellal in the Music Room
- Tuesday, January 21 at 7:30 pm: Final Concert with Bach Arias and Bach cantata BWV 78 in Lindsey Chapel